Subject: Re: [boost] Running b2 on develop needs asynch-exceptions=on
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-16 14:39:16

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> What I have done (explicit <asynch-exceptions>on) seems to work.

This builds the whole Boost with /EHa. You're perfectly within your rights
to do so, of course, but I'd rather not, and I don't think that this should
be the default. It makes no sense for applications that don't use
Boost.Test, for example.

(Correctness considerations aside, I suspect that this will also cause quite
a penalty in cases where the compiler can no longer remove try/catch(...)
blocks when it sees that the code inside can't throw, and those aren't
uncommon in generic code such as the implementation of std::vector.)