Subject: Re: [boost] Gsoc 15 application (boost.uBLAS)
From: Mikael Persson (mikael.s.persson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-17 16:22:20

Hi Siddharth,

How come your mailing-list post and code are nearly identical to that of
Dhruv Kohli?

Dhruv originally wrote us this message:
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/boost-ublas-gsoc-15-td4672932.html

which has the exact same questions, nearly word for word, that you just
asked!

And then, your code:
https://github.com/sid6641/boost.uBLAS-Gsoc/blob/master/gaussian_elimination.hpp
https://github.com/sid6641/boost.uBLAS-Gsoc/blob/master/test/test_gaussian_elimination.cpp

is identical in every meaningful way to Dhruv's code:
https://github.com/chiggum/boost.ublas/blob/master/gaussian_elimination.hpp
https://github.com/chiggum/boost.ublas/blob/master/test/test_gaussian_elimination.cpp

You even have the same spelling mistakes! Sure, a few variable names are
different, but do you really think we are that easily fooled? I mean, Dhruv
posted his code only about 1 week ago... it's not hard to connect the two
dots together.

Clearly, there is something fishy going on here. I would recommend that
this should disqualify you from applying to the GSoC program. Plagiarism,
i.e., passing other people's work as your own, is not acceptable, anywhere.
I don't know how you figured you could get away with something as blatant
as this, it's brazen and shameful.

Mikael.

--
Sven Mikael Persson, M.Sc.(Tech.)