Subject: [boost] Gsoc 15 application (boost.uBLAS)
From: siddharth kumar (siddharthkumar2895_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-17 13:26:04

Hello,

I am Siddharth, a Computer science student from IIT Guwahati. After doing a
bit of research over the project ideas, I have found the idea of further
developing boost.ublas library interesting and so I have written the
competency code. Here is the link to the code:

https://github.com/sid6641/boost.uBLAS-Gsoc.git

I have done a basic course on Linear algebra and Discrete Mathematics, so
such a project suits my needs.

I need a little help for proceeding further.

1. how is the error handling done in boost library. I am using assert for
error handeling (but it does not sem the right way to me), the gaussian
elimination doesn't work on singular matrices. So, I would like to set the
errno and display apt message to the user when a singular matrix is the
input.

2. Is there any predefined format for testing codes in boost library. I
have done manual testing. Sorry, I am not familiar with most of the code in
boost library.

Any further helpful resources are welcome.

p.s. I have started writing the proposal for the project and I'll soon
draft it for review.

Thanks,
Siddharth