Subject: Re: [boost] [exception] c++11 updates
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-20 14:58:07

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Ryan Burn <rnickb731_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> - add rvalue-reference overloads to the error_info class (
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/exception/blob/develop/include/boost/exception/detail/error_info_impl.hpp
> )
> and elsewhere so that you can do things like
>
> throw my_error() << my_info(std::move(a))

Yes I'd welcome such change.

> - replace occurrences of "throw()" with a macro (something like
> BOOST_NO_THROW_SPECIFICATION) that expands to "throw()" if compiling with
> c++98 and "noexcept" if compiling >= c++11

This one requires a lot more care. The only reason why the current
definition uses throw() is to avoid compile errors from broken compilers.
What is the motivation for this change request? I personally don't use
throw() or noexcept in my exception types and I've never had any issues
with that.

--
Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.