Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] Is BOOST_MPL_PP_TOKEN_EQUAL publicly usable ?
From: Damien Buhl (damien.buhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-30 04:29:44

On 30/03/2015 10:14, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Monday 30 March 2015 10:07:38 Damien Buhl wrote:
>> Dear Boost.MPL developers,
>>
>> I was coming up to something really similar to BOOST_MPL_PP_TOKEN_EQUAL
>> (
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessor/token_equal
>> .hpp ) in Boost.Fusion to fix warnings that my changes generate in MSVC 8 (
>> As discussed on this list as *[boost] MSVC warnings for
>> BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY in Boost.Phoenix* )
>>
>> Instead of having a second implementation of the same macro within
>> Boost.Fusion, is it ok if I use BOOST_MPL_PP_TOKEN_EQUAL from MPL ?
>>
>> I'm asking this because it isn't documented anywhere and is in
>> mpl/include/boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessor/token_equal.hpp which sounds
>> like a private header.
>
> This is enough indication that it is private. That said, I don't think MPL is
> going to change significantly any time soon, so it's probably safe to use it.

Yes, but as there is an unit-test for it and that there is a comment
presenting it's use it could also be that nobody got the time to write a
documentation chapter about it.

Otherwise I have a similar implementation now, but I would find it bad
to duplicate implementations, as we anyway already depend on MPL in
Boost.Fusion.