Subject: Re: [boost] MPL and MPL core
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-01 00:04:44

> MPL2 sure would come handy, it would be guaranteed to be
> maintained and most certainly would be able provide much more advanced
> features than good old MPL could ever be dreamed to provide.

I would counsel against expanding the scope beyond the minimum. You
can always to that later. The number one problem with making a Boost
library (or any library no tied to some specific application) is that the
developer becomes so enthralled with his work that he makes it better
before it makes it "done" (including tests, documentation etc.) I suggest:

a) task one - make metafuction library. This library would include all
the metafunctions in MPL1 - and nothing else.

b) submit the above for review. That would be a good time to think about
other stuff.

a larger project that doesn't get finished much less interesting for us
than a smaller project that is actually done.

Robert Ramey