Subject: Re: [boost] [fiber, afio, dl, bindlib, expected, hana, tick, fit, simd, dispatch] Checking my shortlist of upcoming Boost C++ 11/14 librari
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-03 10:21:16

On 03/04/2015 02:57, Niall Douglas wrote:

> I think SIMD and Dispatch have been presented on before at C++ Now
> right? Could anyone also very quickly summarise the main differences
> in their C++ 11 only rewrite? I think I remember it was mainly
> compilation speed rather than doing anything unusually C++ 11 only?

Boost.Dispatch underwent a c++11 rewrite for compile-time issue yes, the
main point being to use proper modern type deduction facility and
be less constraining on how to provide dispatching point. Mathias
Gaunard can probably be more talkative on the details.

Boost.SIMD is still being updated but it's mostly cosmetic/usability
changes for now. Nothing in Boost.SIMD scream c++11-only by design, it's
just adapting to new pratice.