Subject: [boost] [boost, config, context, log, 1.58] address-model and architecture detection
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-04 13:57:45
for some time on develop, top-level Jamroot used to deduce address-model and architecture from
compiler. The only issue was that both properties would be added to targets paths when not
necessary. Fix for that has been just committed, for develop:
and I performed these operations on master:
- Merged all of Boost.Build changes:
- Cherry-picked one Boost.Context change:
- Cherry-picked one Boost.Log change:
- Cherry-picked two root project changes and updated pointers to Context and Log:
With that, "./b2 -n" in up-to-date checkout of superproject works fine on Linux.
Also, "./b2 -n --with-context --with-system" works fine, no address-model elements in
path. Putting explicit address-model=64 does not change path. Putting explicit
address-model=32 does add this element to path, as expected.
- I did not merge any other Boost.Context or Boost.Log changes.
- Nothing was required for Boost.Config, since it was merged earlier.
I'd appreciate if people test current state of master branch, and report any concerns.
-- Vladimir Prus CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded http://vladimirprus.com
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk