Subject: Re: [boost] [boost, config, context, log, 1.58] address-model and architecture detection
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-04 17:53:57

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Hi,

> I'd appreciate if people test current state of master branch, and report
> any concerns.

Without docs or examples as to what should happen, it is hard to know
whether everything is working correctly.

On 64-bit Windows 7, with toolset=gcc, I get:

Performing configuration checks

    - 32-bit : no
    - 64-bit : yes
    - arm : no
    - mips1 : no
    - power : no
    - sparc : no
    - x86 : yes

But with toolset=msvc-12.0, I get:

Performing configuration checks

    - 32-bit : yes
    - arm : no
    - mips1 : no
    - power : no
    - sparc : no
    - x86 : yes

That seems a bit odd to me.

Other questions:

* Should I be able to build both the 32-bit and 64-bit address models in
the same b2 run?

* If so, what does the command line look like?

* Should auto-linking work?

* If so, how do the names for the library files differ?

* How do we tell a test to run against both 32 and 64-bit builds?

Thanks for working on this!

--Beman