Subject: [boost] Git tags and Boost release
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-08 19:02:20

I look in my history of the master branch and It seems to me I would like to
be able to know which commit corresponds to which Boost release. I think
the correct functionality to do this is described here.

http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Basics-Tagging

I'm wondering if we want to do this upon release so we can remember where we
were when something blows up. Ideally, I'd like the release managers to be
able to just global to the "mark" when the release is "official"

I like git - but anything I haven't done before is out of my comfort zone.
So any insight would be appreciated.

Robert Ramey