Subject: [boost] [modular boost][install] Signals2 include links not being generated during build
From: Greg Rubino (bibil.thaysose_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-12 09:43:51

Hi,

I'm building modular boost on 32-bit debian linux, and the build runs
without error, but the links for some of the header files are not created.
Here's what I'm running:

$ bash bootstrap.sh
$ ./b2 --runtime-link=static --without-python --without-mpi
--without-iostreams

At the end of the build (which shows warnings but no failures), I get this
message:

"""
...updated 836 targets...

The Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:

    .../boost

The following directory should be added to linker library paths:

    .../boost/stage/lib
"""

But for some reason signals2 is not being built. From the boost build
directory:

$ ls stage/lib/libboost_signals2*
ls: cannot access stage/lib/libboost_signals2*: No such file or directory

$ ls boost/signals2.hpp
ls: cannot access boost/signals2.hpp: No such file or directory

I'm not sure what happened or even how to diagnose whatever the issue might
be. Has anyone seen this before or have any troubleshooting tips for me?

Thanks,
Greg