Subject: Re: [boost] [convert] How to promote it from 'develop' to 'master'?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-21 07:55:32

>> When I do it, I usually just copy the changes over. I don't know why
>> you want to rebase.
>

> What do you mean by "I usually just copy the changes over." ?
>
> Do you mean that you 'pull' from boostorg/boost, make the change locally and
> then push to the fork ?

Pretty much, although I don't use 'pull', I typically just create a
branch directly from the remote branch. If you want to know my exact
procedure, I use the github command line utility to create and update
the fork, it's something like:

hub fork
git fetch origin
git checkout origin/develop -b branch-name
# If necessary:
git submodule update --init
git push -u danieljames

# Commit changes.

git push

If it isn't clear, 'origin' is the boostorg repository, 'hub fork'
creates a remote with your username (in my case danieljames). 'git
push -u' is important as it sets the branch to push to my account.

I usually use the web interface to create the pull request.