Subject: Re: [boost] 1.58.1 bugfix release necessary?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-22 13:52:30

On 22/04/2015 18:26, Robert Ramey wrote:
> The test matrix
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
>
> doesn't consistently show which version of C++ the test runs correspond to.
> Perhaps this can be improved. This would make it easier to identify
> situations like this sooner.
I'm sure I must have mentioned this before, but whenever you see a test
failure, and you're not sure what the compiler version / setup is, lets
say for example you wanted more information on
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-serialization-test-test_array_binary_archive-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html

then go to the Boost.Config results, and look for the "config_info"
results for the same compiler, this will tell you (hopefully!)
everything you could want to know about the compiler, platform, stdlib,
and Boost.Config:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html

There is also "math_info" which does the same thing for the contents of
<limits> and <climits> :
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-math_info-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html

HTH, John.