Subject: Re: [boost] 1.58.1 bugfix release necessary?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-22 15:21:26

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:52 PM, John Maddock <jz.maddock_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 22/04/2015 18:26, Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>> The test matrix
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/serialization.html
>>
>> doesn't consistently show which version of C++ the test runs correspond
>> to.
>> Perhaps this can be improved. This would make it easier to identify
>> situations like this sooner.
>>
> I'm sure I must have mentioned this before, but whenever you see a test
> failure, and you're not sure what the compiler version / setup is, lets say
> for example you wanted more information on
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-serialization-test-test_array_binary_archive-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html
>
> then go to the Boost.Config results, and look for the "config_info"
> results for the same compiler, this will tell you (hopefully!) everything
> you could want to know about the compiler, platform, stdlib, and
> Boost.Config:
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html
>
> There is also "math_info" which does the same thing for the contents of
> <limits> and <climits> :
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-math_info-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html

And there's also the information from Predef which, although less
comprehensive, does give you more platform info, i.e. compiler and OS <
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Qt5-4%20jc-bell-boost-bin-v2-libs-predef-test-info_as_cpp-test-gcc-mingw-4-9-1-debug.html

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything