Subject: Re: [boost] [boost, config, context, log, 1.58] address-model and architecture detection
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-24 05:09:48

On 24 April 2015 at 10:56, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 24/04/2015 19:42, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> On 24 April 2015 at 00:07, Asbjørn <lordcrc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Instead we keep two separate directory trees for 32bit and 64bit
>>> dependencies, everything from source to lib/dll files.
>>

>> FYI, separate folders is what, AFAIK, CoApp+NuGet native packages use
>> and what, hopefully, is becoming a de-facto standard on Windows.
>

> Separate folders is what every Windows project I've seen has done for
> decades. It's also how Visual Studio builds files for multiple platforms by
> default. I'm fairly certain it's already "standard".

Certainly. should have added, I meant an extended version of that...
packaging libraries for Windows with full utilisation of available technologies.
Like, SxS and the concept of Pivots developed by CoApp and used by NuGet too
for native packages: http://coapp.org/tutorials/building-a-package.html

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net