Subject: Re: [boost] [boost, config, context, log, 1.58] address-model and architecture detection
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-24 05:05:29

As a solution, this sounds acceptable, but IMO Boost build needs to deal with it and the instructions need to tell users how to do it. Can any experienced users provide some notes on this, perhaps using Trac which is freely editable?

However, all solutions seem liable to cause users more than a little grief.

Paul

PS I also agree that the default build on 64-bit systems should be 64 bit, but this might be a 'breaking change' for many, so there should be some clear warning that this will happen.

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB