Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: Michael Ainsworth (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-04 08:06:15

> Whether one need to migrate is a separate question. Boost.Build has GitHub issues enabled, with Trac issues remaining in Trac.
> Admittedly, this means Trac issues stand a lower chance of been fixed, but then it feels that the rate of useful issue reports and especially useful patches has increased quite a bit.

The downloadable version of GitLab (an alternative to GitHub Enterprise) is open source, which I’ve used for multiple projects on two different installation sites. It has:

* A GIT repository per project.
* A second GIT repository for the wiki.
* A basic issue tracking system.

I’m not familiar with Trac, but it might be worth investigating.