Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-05 20:16:17

On 4 May 2015 at 22:06, Michael Ainsworth wrote:

> > Whether one need to migrate is a separate question. Boost.Build has GitHub issues enabled, with Trac issues remaining in Trac.
> > Admittedly, this means Trac issues stand a lower chance of been fixed, but then it feels that the rate of useful issue reports and especially useful patches has increased quite a bit.
>
> The downloadable version of GitLab (an alternative to GitHub Enterprise)
> is open source, which I’ve used for multiple projects on two different
> installation sites. It has:

Gitlab is fine. However all the free tooling (Travis, Appveyor,
Coveralls) does not have Gitlab integration, Jenkins does not have
first tier support for gitlab, and all that makes life harder.

Trac's single most important feature for us is its security record:
http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-8372/Trac.html

Compare that to Redmine's:
http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-8599/Redmine.ht
ml

This is why our ancient Trac (v0.12) still hasn't been compromised,
because nobody here is maintaining it. If that were a Redmine install
it'd have been smashed to bits years ago.

I hence vote to remain on Trac, albeit upgrading to v1.0 would be
nice :)

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting