Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: QVM (generic Quaternion, Vector and Matrix operations library)
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-05 08:56:31

On May 4, 2015 3:06:31 PM EDT, Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Boost QVM defines a set of generic functions and operator overloads
> for
> working with quaternions, vectors and matrices of static size. The
> library
> also defines vector and matrix data types, however it allows users to
> introduce their own types by specializing the q_traits, v_traits and
> m_traits templates.
>
> Online documentation and a link to download the source code under the
> Boost
> license is available at http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-qvm/.

I took a quick look at the docs and I have to ask, "Why?" Why would I want to use your library? There is no motivation section and nothing to explain it's value. You just assume everyone knows about its purpose and value.

I don't know anything about quarternions, for example. Does QVM relate to specific fields with which I'm not acquainted thereby making the library of no use to me? How are your vectors related to std::vector? How are your matrices related to those in uBLAS? Such are the questions you should address, don't you think?

___
Rob