Subject: Re: [boost] [move] unique_ptr converting constructor
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-06 09:55:28

El 06/05/2015 a las 14:07, Peter Dimov escribió:
> Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
>> El 06/05/2015 a las 0:13, Peter Dimov escribió:
>> > This aside, ought not unique_ptr and make_unique be in boost instead
>> of > movelib? I'll remove boost::make_unique if we do this.
>>
>> No problems on my side, we just need to discuss if
>> boost::movelib::unique_ptr's quality is enough to become the
>> "official" unique_ptr implementation in Boost.
>
> It's not like it has any competition. :-)

Even if no one writes an alternative implementation, it should be "good
enough". Otherwise, it can be an utility in Boost.Move as it previously
was in Boost.Interprocess.

Another issue is if we should put it into Boost.SmartPtr or not,
specially the documentation. To minimize th work we can add a small
section in Boost.SmartPtr's documentation that points to Boost.Move
documentation, as someone looking for boost::unique_ptr is likely to
start looking in Boost.SmartPtr.

Best,

Ion