Subject: Re: [boost] [ELFIO] - New library proposal
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-07 18:53:50

On 7 May 2015 at 23:43, Serge Lamikhov-Center wrote:

> I'd like to determine interest in possible new library submission.
> ELFIO is header-only C++ library that provides a simple interface for reading and generating files in ELF binary format.
> It is a mature library and is in use by a number of open source and commercial projects. It is a part of some Linux distributions as well as Cygwin project.
> Please share your opinion on making this library be a part of the Boost.

Personally speaking, I'd be very interested in a library which
provided a generic binary format parsing (and optionally generating)
solution, one backend of which might be ELF. A purely ELF specific,
non-generic library is perfectly useful, but for me personally
probably not a great fit for the Boost libraries without having a
highly generic and abstract API in front of it so code written
against it need not know much about ELF.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/