Subject: Re: [boost] Windows XP support survey
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-08 08:59:17

On 8 May 2015 at 11:04, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:

> [Niall Douglas]
> > Also Vista is highly unusual in that it had no corresponding
> > Windows Server edition. There was a straight jump from
> > an XP base (2003) to a 7 base (2008).
>
> This is completely incorrect. Server 2008 was Vista-class, Server 2008
> R2 was Win7-class. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2008
> : "Windows Server 2008 is built from the same code base as Windows
> Vista".

I had no idea the R2 variant was particularly different before. I had
assumed also it was a free upgrade, but I am wrong on that too.

Ok, I guess that means Boost should target the Vista API not Win7
then. That's a big problem for any Slim Reader Writer user as they
only added the Try variant APIs in 7 :(

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting