Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a container which can hold multiple data types?
From: James Armstrong (armstrhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-12 12:49:42

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Boris Rasin <boris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There is already well established customization point for this:
>
> #include <utility>
>
> try {
> using std::get;
> auto val = get<T>(value);
> catch(...) {
> // handle exception
> }
>
> This already works for std::tuple, std::pair and boost::variant. One could
> also add implementation for boost::any:
>
> #include <boost/any.hpp>
>
> namespace boost {
> template<typename T>
> inline T get(const any& a)
> {
> return any_cast<T>(a);
> }
> }

Hey guys, thanks for the awesome feedback. I have to admit, I don't quite
see how the class has access to the user defined overloads of get<T> if it
hasn't explicitly been included in the class, but I tested it (defined
get<T>(boost::any& a) in my main.cpp file) and it works beautifully. Most
of the features I can think of are in now complete, I think the next step
would be to use it and test it out and get any feedback including
additional features to be included. The source can be gotten at

https://github.com/armstrhu/poly_adaptor

for anyone interested. Thanks again.

--
James Armstrong