Subject: Re: [boost] Community Maintainence Team - a Modest proposal
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-13 12:10:04

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Rene,
>
> In my presentation yesterday, I proposed that we look at the boost web
> presence including, website, wike, maybe trac, and all he stuff we have.
> My view is that we would benefit from taking a step back and bringing it up
> to date. I know you've been the maintainer on this but that's it's quite a
> big job. I also know that Beman has shown interest in lending financial
> support for the work you do on the boost/release part. I think the job is
> just to big for you to do at the same time you're the main person
> responsible for the boost/release. Also I want to draw more volunteers
> into boost and I think this is a good place for them. What I would like
> to do is see if we can off load the Web presence to some new candidate (or
> two). I don't know how you feel about this, but I do want to advocate for
> the idea in any case. The purpose of this email is to give you a heads up
> so that I'm not catching you by surprise and that you have an opportunity
> to contribute the discussion if you so desire. This will be the subject of
> a Boost operational meeting scheduled for Friday at 12:45. I will be
> posting for volunteers to attend the meeting on Thursday.

I'm all for other people doing the web work, and any other work :-) It's
not like I intended from the start to be the only person doing any of this.
But I'm the kind of person if something needs doing I just do it (and ask
question later). I'm particularly happy with the work Adam is doing to
improve the regression results, for example. And of course the continued
help from Daniel J on wedsite stuff (he does most of the minor maintenance
now).

As for someone helping me by giving financial support.. That would be
something I would need to discuss with my current employer if it's a
significant amount of time (it's not out of the question since we do
contracting). But that's something to talk about offline.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything