Subject: Re: [boost] Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boost libraries
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-13 14:19:45

On 13/05/15 02:07 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 13 May 2015 at 13:52, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> Likewise, documenting the prerequisites is easy, if you have to do it
>> upfront. It's only hard if these dependencies are implied, and only
>> after the fact you need to re-discover them.
> git submodules.

That's only useful if you still want to work with the whole boost source
tree as a whole, so I see it as a transitional measure.
As I said, I really would like to get to a point where I can only check
out boost.python, then configure its build by pointing at prerequisite
libraries that I have either previously built myself, or got from my
Linux (or other OS) distro. So there still is a fair bit of work that
needs to go into boost.build.

        Stefan