Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Time to upgrade to "version 2" ?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-17 13:23:25

Le 17/05/15 18:50, David Stone a écrit :
> Conceptually, common_type is a type_trait. We should not be so quick to
> worship at the altar of removing dependencies that we compromise logical
> design or introduce code duplication. I don't think a dependency-free graph
> is necessarily desirable -- the whole reason we have Boost is to create
> reusable components.

We have discussed this a lot of times. The file will be located in the
same way when you use the complete Boost. The documentation could
include a note explaining where you can find now this little sub-module.
So I don't see how this split will compromise the component re-usability
and why this could mean code duplication.

Please, could you elaborate?

Best,
Vicente