Subject: Re: [boost] Environment Variables Library?
From: Michael Ainsworth (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-19 01:47:54

> On 19 May 2015, at 9:27 am, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> They're more popular in POSIX; but at least on Windows, environment variables are considered old-fashioned and discouraged from use without significant compelling reason.

Are you saying Windows doesn't use environment variables to the extent that POSIX systems do, therefore investing the time into writing such a library is not worthwhile?

(Genuine question, not sarcastic. I'm just trying to see what the need is. I'm writing some code where I have to iterate over environment variables in a cross platform way, including Windows, so I know I need this. I just want to know if C++/Boost needs/wants this.)