Subject: Re: [boost] [next gen future-promise] What to call the monadic return type?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-28 14:27:56

On 28 May 2015 at 21:14, Peter Dimov wrote:

> > Without catch_error(), you need yet .then() as you want to be able to
> > recover from errors in the same way.
>
> I wasn't suggesting removing .then, just adding .next. It's useful when I
> need to perform the same action regardless of whether I got a value or an
> exception.

I'm a bit confused. If you want some action to occur regardless, you
surely ignore the future you are passed in your continuation?

Or by next(), do you mean that the continuation must fire even if no
value nor exception is ever set, and is therefore fired on future
destruction?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting