Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Separating Boost.Python from Boost
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-29 17:21:26

On 29/05/15 03:24 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> On 5/29/15 11:12 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>>> Does this mean the ability to "release (distribute ?)
>>> Boost.Python without waiting for a boost release?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Actually, this what we want to be able to do for all boost libraries.
> See the related initiative proposed in the steering committee mailing
> list. This has been proposed as a long term goal. But it seems (as
> usual) that current events out flank long term plans.

Yeah, and this is why I'm taking the initiative, to get unstuck again.

> While you're at it,

No, no, no ! :-)

Seriously, there is clearly a lot that could be done "while we are at
it", but it's exactly this kind of thought process that ultimately
causes things to stall. So I'd rather not add additional concerns,
especially if related to decisions about tools. Let's *please* keep
these things separate.

    Stefan