Subject: Re: [boost] [next gen future-promise] What to call the monadic return type?
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 11:57:09

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:

> 2. Why isn't HPX being contributed to Boost, or the parts of HPX
> where it would be sensible to do so? Why do HPX authors repeatedly
> keep the new and often very useful libraries they write away from
> Boost? Even the non-HPX libraries?
>
> 3. Why do those working on HPX not contribute to the Boost community
> in general as they once used to in the past? Where are the reviews of
> libraries? Where are the pull requests fixing bugs? What mentoring of
> GSoC projects has been done in the last three years?

Is this truly relevant? Thomas at least was committing to existing
Boost libraries even recently.

Why is this degenerating into a level of pettiness? What makes you so
defensive about the current topic, which results in you straying into
such territory? First with Hartmut and now with Thomas.

You mentioned Thomas' presentation, he voiced his opinion, and because
it wasn't to your favor, this thread strays into the unrelated
territory of HPX developer involvement in Boost?

> Sigh. It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes. You appear to be
> actively refusing to change your preheld convictions that whatever I
> am doing I must be wrong. This is despite at least six people
> contributing positive ideas and feedback to this thread, at least
> three of whom have written and shown the community code implementing
> those new ideas.

Yes, there and are more than six people interested in the discussion
here. At least three people who positively affirmed your work. Two
people that criticized it, or didn't find any value in it. But they
stopped at the criticism of your work, and didn't question anything
else (your contributions to Boost libraries, or otherwise). I hope you
can do the same.

> But let me put this to you from a Boost community perspective:

Please don't. If you are going to be defensive, just label it as your
own perspective, and not for the rest of the community. i.e. None of
the things following that statement were of any concern to me in the
context of this discussion in this thread.

Glen