Subject: Re: [boost] [next gen future-promise] What to call the monadic return type?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 13:13:13

On 30 May 2015 at 8:57, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> Why is this degenerating into a level of pettiness? What makes you so
> defensive about the current topic, which results in you straying into
> such territory? First with Hartmut and now with Thomas.

Hartmut publicly claimed here I had a secret agenda and that I am
trolling, which implies I am being deceptive. Additional things have
been claimed about me in private which aren't important here, and yes
I am feeling very defensive towards that group who are publicly and
privately politicking against me for some reason. Thomas works with
Hartmut, and has in the past argued similarly to Hartmut. Theirs are
not arm's length individual opinions.

> You mentioned Thomas' presentation, he voiced his opinion, and because
> it wasn't to your favor, this thread strays into the unrelated
> territory of HPX developer involvement in Boost?

This is fair. I did tar Thomas with the Hartmut brush without
sufficient reason. I apologise.

Incidentally, of that group of people the only one I've ever talked
with personally is Thomas, and it was he who initiated that not me.
We disagree on almost everything :), but I'll acknowledge right now
that he alone out of that group made the effort to reach out for
which I am appreciative.

And I reiterate my respect for that group's coding abilities. I've
learned a lot from their code, and will continue to do so.

> Yes, there and are more than six people interested in the discussion
> here. At least three people who positively affirmed your work. Two
> people that criticized it, or didn't find any value in it. But they
> stopped at the criticism of your work, and didn't question anything
> else (your contributions to Boost libraries, or otherwise). I hope you
> can do the same.

Fair enough.

Niall

--