Subject: Re: [boost] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th - ongoing
From: Abel Sinkovics (abel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 17:31:06

Hi,

On 2015-05-30 18:13, Gordon Woodhull wrote:
> On May 30, 2015, at 1:43 AM, Abel Sinkovics <abel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Multi-line code examples: one option is adding a copy-paste friendly version of each code snippet to the tutorial, so the text remains pure html (no scripting). Another option is to use some (probably javascript-based) library that displays the code readable but also makes it easy to copy it. (I tried to avoid this as to the best of my knowledge the documentation is expected to be pure html).
> For those using metashell, using the getting started guide is also somewhat complicated by the `...>` shell continuation prompt in the code quotations.
>
> After a couple of iterations, I found a decent workaround, which is to open the markdown source libs/metaparse/doc/getting_started.md in an editor, and remove `...>` from the document with search and replace.
>
> That way I can follow along in a document which does have the backslashes, and copy and paste with ease.
I've added a "copy-paste friendly version" link to the code examples in
the tutorial to make it easy to copy multi-line examples to Metashell.
The html build of the docs at http://abel.web.elte.hu/mpllibs/metaparse
has also been updated. If you've been using that, you need to hit
refresh in your browser to get the updated version.

Regards,
   Ábel