Subject: Re: [boost] Moving the include directory to $BOOST_ROOT/include? (again)
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-01 20:59:49

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I want to reiterate my suggestion that we move Boost's include directory
> from $BOOST_ROOT to $BOOST_ROOT/include.

Our organization has been following the example in the first pages of the
getting started guide [1][2] and using #include <boost/header.path.hpp>
with $BOOST_ROOT in our include path, so changing that to 'include' would
require major source changes to our (and presumably lots of others') code
bases.

I think this is far too disruptive of a change for the benefits described.

Tom

[1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_0/more/getting_started/windows.html
[2]
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html