Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-01 20:37:33

On 1 Jun 2015 at 23:25, Abel Sinkovics wrote:

> > My problem for me, as a reviewer, is that I want to review an as-if
> > finished library, one that could be accepted immediately by the
> > community and immediately enter Boost right now, no additional
> > changes, because that is the ideal that a library submitter is
> > supposed to be aiming for.
> >
> > That's the whole point of the communtiy review - to review Boost
> > libraries. Not libraries which still need to be converted to Boost.
>
> I've created a standalone git repository for Metaparse, moved the code
> there and did the renaming. Additionally I did the following changes as
> well:
> - removed the dependencies to the Metamonad utilities (very minor, eg.
> macro for metafunction definition)
> - removed the Metamonad-integration header
>
> This repository can be found here: https://github.com/sabel83/metaparse
>
> I've tried it in a modular Boost setup on Ubuntu. (I've tested the code
> with Visual Studio in Mpllibs, not with modular Boost yet).

Outstanding. Thank you.

> It is still using the Markdown documentation format. I've added a
> build.sh script for HTML generation and committed the HTML files to the
> repository as well. (Similar to the Boost.MPL repository)

Unfortunately I won't get the time to review this library again until
the 14th, which I suspect is too late.

I am happy to withdraw my vote to reject this library now though.

P.S.: I'd just love to see Travis + Appveyor in your newly
modularised library, and whose test scripts install your library as a
module into a copy of Boost for CI testing. Oh, and please do add a
Readme.md with the status badges to said services!

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/