Subject: Re: [boost] [metaparse] Practical usefulness
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 19:57:45

On 06/02/2015 03:18 PM, Phil Endecott wrote:
> christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> I feel I have to slightly steer the review in
>> the right (IMO) direction, which means in the direction where the review is
>> based on the quality of the library and documentation, not on pure
>> formalities.
>
> I agree with your steering direction.
>
> So let me ask a question: how useful is this library in practice,
> beyond "toy examples"?

Hi Phil -

Did you see Christophe's eUML2 frontend for MSM that uses Metaparse?

<https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boostorg/msm/msm3/doc/HTML/ch03s05.html>

the code is very readable (for example):

<https://github.com/boostorg/msm/blob/euml2/include/boost/msm/front/euml2/stt_grammar.hpp>

<https://github.com/boostorg/msm/blob/euml2/include/boost/msm/front/euml2/state_internal.hpp>

I had the same question and found the eUML2 frontend to be a compelling
example of "real world" usefulness. I'm currently thinking about a
Spirit X3 front end that allows proper "operators" for PEG grammars.

michael

--
Michael Caisse
ciere consulting