Subject: Re: [boost] Moving the include directory to $BOOST_ROOT/include? (again)
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 20:02:26

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 1:24 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 6/2/2015 3:59 AM, Tom Kent wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> I want to reiterate my suggestion that we move Boost's include directory
>>> from $BOOST_ROOT to $BOOST_ROOT/include.
>>>

>> Our organization has been following the example in the first pages of the
>> getting started guide [1][2] and using #include <boost/header.path.hpp>
>> with $BOOST_ROOT in our include path, so changing that to 'include' would
>> require major source changes to our (and presumably lots of others') code
>> bases.
>>
>> I think this is far too disruptive of a change for the benefits described.
>>

> Tom,
>
> I think the suggestion is to have $BOOST_ROOT/include/boost, so no changes
> in the source code will be required.

Ahh, that is not what I got from my first reading of the original message,
but re-reading I can see how that would be possible.

To be clear we are talking about moving
$BOOST_ROOT/boost
$BOOST_ROOT/include/boost
correct?

If this is the case, I'm fine with that. I have no problem updating my
visual studio include path...I would have a problem changing my source
files (if something like #include <boost/inc.hpp> -> #include <inc.hpp> was
required.

The only down side I see to this, is then we have this silly include
directory with only a single subfolder and no files in it....but that's not
the end of the world.

Tom