Subject: Re: [boost] Boost documentation with ability for users to post comments
From: Krzysztof Jusiak (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-05 15:06:34

> Note the TOS for Disqus:
>>
>> ===
>> Privacy
>>
>> We care about the privacy of our Users. You understand that by using the
>> Services you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your
>> personally identifiable information and aggregate data as set forth in our
>> Privacy Policy //docs.disqus.com/help/30/, and to have your personally
>> identifiable information collected, used, transferred to and processed in
>> the United States.
>> ===
>>

> If I understand this correctly, this would only apply to those who
> actually post a comment. It looks like others would have no problem seeing
> such comments. So this might be for everyone - but then the same applies
> to boost itself.

Thanks for pointing that out. Anyway, there is always an option for
anonymous comments (disabled by default), but I have enabled it in my
documentation.
I have the same understanding as well, that it will only apply for those
who will post a comment. On the other hand, disqus is really popular
service and a lot of blogs are using it, for example Jekyll and, therefore,
I don't think there is a lot to be concerned about, but is definitely worth
to acknowledge the policy.