Subject: Re: [boost] Boost documentation with ability for users to post comments
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-05 15:04:39

On Friday 05 June 2015 11:42:46 Robert Ramey wrote:
> On 6/5/15 10:32 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Krzysztof Jusiak <krzysztof_at_[hidden]>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> I have recently added such functionality to Boost.DI documentation using
> >> https://disqus.com service.
>
> This looks extremely interesting to me. Very slick and very worthy of
> consideration. Bears more investigation.
>
> > Note the TOS for Disqus:
> >
> > ===
> > Privacy
> >
> > We care about the privacy of our Users. You understand that by using the
> > Services you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your
> > personally identifiable information and aggregate data as set forth in our
> > Privacy Policy //docs.disqus.com/help/30/, and to have your personally
> > identifiable information collected, used, transferred to and processed in
> > the United States.
> > ===
>
> If I understand this correctly, this would only apply to those who
> actually post a comment. It looks like others would have no problem
> seeing such comments. So this might be for everyone - but then the same
> applies to boost itself.
>
> As I said - I think it bears looking into and would like to get feedback
> from others on this idea.

Personally, I'm not sure there's much value from this. Except, perhaps, as an
easy way to report typos, errors and such, but then the comments themselves
don't suit this activity very well. I'm looking at MSDN, for instance, and not
seeing much value in the comments there - looks more like a mini version of
StackOverflow.