Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Support for switching between std:: andboost:: equivalents.
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-10 06:47:32

On 8 Jun 2015 at 20:16, Edward Diener wrote:

> > What remains lacking is a step by step tutorial, but it's hardly
> > difficult. I noticed at C++ Now I didn't find anyone didn't fully
> > understand what was going on and how it worked, indeed Beman
> > mentioned the same technique had been in use in C++ 11 standard
> > library implementations for many years now.
>
> Thanks for the links. I admit I get frustrated when documentation starts
> off explaining to me how to use XXX without telling me what XXX is about
> first.
>
> If the only thing lacking is a step by step tutorial wouldn't it be
> better to remove the "What state is this tool in ?" in your readme.md
> which implies that what you are doing is not close to being finished ?

I didn't want to overpromise what is there and what it can do.

There is also the question of buy in. If the community buys into
APIBind, then it's worth finishing it to Boost quality standards. If
there isn't the interest, then it can remain as a personal private
library standalone modularity toolkit only I use.

tl;dr; If other people start using APIBind then I'll see plenty of
reason to finish it. Otherwise I don't know if I'm solving a problem
anyone else has.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting