Subject: [boost] [config] Using SD-6 macros
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-12 11:21:00

I realize I may be late to the discussion, but what is the reason why
Boost.config does not use the SD-6 macro functionality as the first
check for all C11 and C14 related configuration options ?

Is it because Boost.config feels that the few current SD-6
implementations are buggy ?

As I understand SD-6 the implementation of SD-6 itself can always be
checked effortlessly by an #if defined(__SOME_SD6_MACRO) before
attempting to use the functionality defined by SD-6, so for the majority
of compilers which do not implement SD-6 functionality yet Boost.config
can always and easily fall back on its current checks. But for those
compilers which do implement SD-6 ( latest clang and gcc 5.1.0 ) surely
using SD-6 is easier than the many clever ways which Boost.config
currently finds out how compilers and standard libraries are configured.