Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Using SD-6 macros
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-12 12:06:11

On 12/06/2015 16:21, Edward Diener wrote:
> I realize I may be late to the discussion, but what is the reason why
> Boost.config does not use the SD-6 macro functionality as the first
> check for all C11 and C14 related configuration options ?

We haven't needed to, and until recently we haven't had implementations
to check against. So "history" basically.

Plus for compiler features, Clang has __has_feature.

For std lib features, we're sort of screwed though - you can't check the
SD6 macros without including the std lib header first - and given that
we've already gone to great lengths to make it as lightweight as
possible, including the whole std lib just to check the SD6 macros is
not going to happen. Plus as things stand, I don't see what we gain by
duplicating macros which can be checked directly anyway?

John.