Subject: Re: [boost] Preliminary submission of Boost Synapse
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-16 03:04:10

On 6/16/2015 3:52 AM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> I've made changes to Boost Synapse (a signal programming library) in part
> based on feedback I received on the Boost mailing list, and I've uploaded
> the updated source code and documentation to github:
> http://zajo.github.io/boost-synapse/.

Emil,

I've glanced through the tutorial and examples. The way you make signals 'external' to
the class is quite smart.

However, I have two questions:

- There does not appear a way, given QObject*, to determine which signals
   are attached to it. Such reflection is one of the primary reasons MOC
   still exists, so your library will not eliminate the need for MOC?

- Looking at the first example, I can't help wondering why I would want
   to use the library - given that I can use QObject::connect, either classic
   or with function object, why would I use an extra library?

Thanks,
Volodya