Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana] the name
From: William Gallafent (william_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-16 10:48:45

On 9 June 2015 at 15:20, Louis Dionne <ldionne.2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> What's trademarked is "SAP Hana", not "Hana" itself.

Be aware that SAP is currently in the process of applying for the
community trademark “Hana” (by itself) too, application number
013285382 (search by application number at
https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/welcome ), including in class 9 amongst
others.

It feels to me as if at least contacting SAP to ask for something
written down which gives you / us / Boost the right to use “Boost
Hana” for this project might be a good idea … either that or changing
the name at this relatively early stage rather than risking being
forced to later if things went sour!

I've had no chance to read beyond the first few paragraphs of the
documentation yet but so far it's giving me a very warm feeling, looks
like great work, well done, … I'm a user of a few libraries which use
TMP in their implementation, but have never written much beyond very
small toy experimental projects of my own in this area. Nevertheless I
hope to have a chance to get a bit further in before end of review
period but it's looking unlikely :/

--
Bill Gallafent.