Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] Maintainer
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-26 02:59:28

>:

> Hi Anthony,
>
> I would suggest you to have two separated classes, one the existing one
> and the other that can be used to experiment and move towards whatever the
> experimental standard variant would become. Note that the proposal is
> moving a lot and there is not yet enough consensus on its semantic.

This seems like an overkill in this particular case.

There's an Eggs.Variant that matches proposal better. Totally rewriting
Boost.Variant to be close to it seems wrong. Instead I'll focus on adding
missing metaprogramming features (tuple_size, tuple_element) and improving
free functions (get<Index>(variant), comparisons). Such changes do not
require separate class.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin