Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] Maintainer
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-26 02:10:44

Le 25/06/15 23:18, Antony Polukhin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've been keeping an eye on Boost.Varinat for a few years. Since then
> multiple issues were closed; support for rvalues and variadic templates was
> added; other good things happened.
>
> Could I be promoted to an official maintainer of Variant?
>
> This will help me to react on issues faster (email notifications) which is
> essential. I'm also planning to add missing features from N4450 without
> affecting the current never-empty behaviour and without breaking existing
> code.

Hi Anthony,

I would suggest you to have two separated classes, one the existing one
and the other that can be used to experiment and move towards whatever
the experimental standard variant would become. Note that the proposal
is moving a lot and there is not yet enough consensus on its semantic.

Best,
Vicente