Subject: [boost] [Log] Running in a separate thread
From: Andrew Hundt (athundt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-01 17:16:47

I really only need some of the functionality of BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL, perhaps
plus loving to a file in addition to the console. However, my only true
need is that all the work (or as much as possible) must be done in a
separate thread so as not to slow the current thread down. Right now when I
use BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL as is it causes latency in my network communications
which have soft realtime requirements so I've had to comment all of my logs
out.

Is there a straightforward non-intrusive solution to having as much of the
work as possible for boost.log be done in a separate thread?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt