Subject: Re: [boost] [winapi] Major changes in develop
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-01 13:47:47

On 6/21/2015 12:25 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just merged a largely reworked version of Boost.WinAPI to develop.
> It fixes a few bugs and also changes the implementation for better
> conformance with the C++ standard. Hopefully, it should fix compilation
> issues with clang on Windows.
>
> Another significant change is that Boost.WinAPI targets Windows Vista
> and later by default. As before, it is possible to explicitly select
> another version to target by defining BOOST_USE_WINAPI_VERSION. For
> example, to build Boost for Windows XP one would invoke:
>
> b2 define=BOOST_USE_WINAPI_VERSION=0x0501
>
> If anyone has problems with this change, please let me know.

Versions of mingw/gcc, which are gcc 4.8.1-4 and below, fail because
their windows.h names for some things are not the same as being used by
winapi, even when i use the define above. This also goes for clang,
which targets mingw/gcc 4.8.1-4.

Most noticeable is _RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION with their name being
_CRITICAL_SECTION instead.