Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] Using predef-check on 'develop' problem
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-03 00:07:31

On 6/29/2015 10:36 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/17/2015 10:29 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:

>>> FYI.. It's something wrong with the check C program itself, not the BB
>>> layer on top of it. And I can see msvc-14.0, sun-stlport, gcc- 4.9.2~c14,
>>> and gcc- 5.1~c14 showing the problem :-(
>>>

>> Could this have something to do with "cached" values ?
>

> No. As I don't think any testers run incremental tests.
>

>> Anyway I thought this might give a little more of a clue in solving the
>> predef-check problem since it has occurred locally in my testing.
>

> I don't know if it did.. But I've now rewritten the check (and info) code
> (a handful of times in the past few weeks) and it should resolve the low
> level check problems (see <
> https://github.com/boostorg/predef/commit/0f113b0871832aafdffed45a5def8f473161cdab
>> ).

Closer but not quite there.

The predef-check is now working with Windows msvc-14.0 and with the
SunOS tests but there is still a problem with Android. The problem
occurs in the VMD tests but can be illustrated by predef tests also.
Look at the "CrystaX.NET-apilevel-21-x86" predef tests, which have your
latest June 29 commit you mention just above. If you look at the
"clang-linux-3.6" tests you will see that the "info_as_cpp" test shows
everything correctly but the "check_value" test shows "CHECK_VALUE ==
undefined" where it should be "CHECK_VALUE == 1".

Similarly my corresponding VMD Android tests, which relies on
predef-check to pass "-std=c++0x" for the gcc tests, are not doing so there.

So there is still a problem with Android although Sun-OS and VC++14
tests are working fine now with predef-check.

As always I appreciate your efforts to get this working, especially on
OSs like SunOS and Android rather than the usual Windows, Linux,
Macintosh triplet.