Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Hana
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-07 14:24:40

Louis Dionne <ldionne.2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Glen Fernandes <glen.fernandes <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I propose we require, prior to Hana's inclusion in a Boost release, only
> > that:
> > 1. Hana's unit tests to be integrated into Boost's regression tests. If
> > this requires maintaining both CMakeLists.txt and .b2 files, it is
> > still worth it. I am willing to assist with this effort (and the
> > invitation extends to anyone in the community to also contribute to
> > the task). For release managers, potential Hana contributors, or just
> > the general developer community in Boost, to see Hana's test cases in
> > http://boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/summary.html will
> > be useful.
>
> Agreed. When you say "integrated into Boost's regression tests", does this
> mean it would be OK if the test matrix could be updated from Travis-ci?
> If that was sufficient and possible with Travis, that would be the best
> way by far because these tests are run on each push. Otherwise, I'll make
> the tests usable from Boost.Build.

Oh yes, I forgot to ask: Does being included in a Boost release require the
library's API to be stable? Is it possible to put Hana in a release along
with a note saying "still experimental" or something like this? From the
library's point of view, being able to reach more users is a huge help
because of bug reports and improvements that can follow. If this is not
acceptable, I'll skip one or two official releases and wait until all or
most of the non-backwards compatible changes triggered by the review are
applied.

> [...]

Regards,
Louis