Subject: [boost] Python bindings for Boost.Interprocess
From: Edison Gustavo Muenz (edisongustavo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-20 16:43:27

Hi all, this is my first e-mail on the list, so please be nice, I’m new
here.

I have this problem in which I need to communicate between two processes,
one written in C++ (it’s actually a .so) and one written in python. They
need to share large arrays.

I’ve searched on the internet for a way to use shared-memory in python, and
the only alternative I found was POSIX IPC for Python
<http://semanchuk.com/philip/posix_ipc/> (which looks good, but it is *nix
only).

Also, I find the Boost.Interprocess library to be a joy to use, it worked
for the problem I had, so I wanted to use it.

Since I didn’t find python bindings for Boost.Interprocess is it desirable
to have this? I started writing some code which uses a tiny part of
Boost.Interprocess that is necessary to solve my problem. It is working
already.

I’m asking here to know what do boost experts think about this idea, if it
unreasonable or if other developers already had this need.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Edison Gustavo Muenz
​